Latest Posts

Review: Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap

By 16:05 , , ,

Ever since I started using the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush (review here) I have only paired it with the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap as I find that it does the whole cleansing job really well. Clinique recently created a partner to the cleansing brush, the Foaming Sonic Facial Soap which is an oil-free cleanser that helps bristles glide across the face to thoroughly remove dirt, excess oil and impurities.



The Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap uses Coconut Oil as a gentle cleansing agent, Sucrose and Caffeine know for their calming as well as soothing properties, and Glycerin a humectant to help prevent drying. The texture reminds me of the Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser the results however are very different. Unlike the light lather of the Liquid Facial Soap, the Foaming Sonic Facial Soap has a much denser creamy lather. I suppose it does assist in smoother gliding across the face, but only because the formulation is a creamy one.



The rinsing off was when I knew it wouldn't work for me. It left a thin film on my face regardless how many times I tried rinsing it off, leaving it feeling "unwashed". It only came off after I cleansed my face again with the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap. Double cleansing? I don't think that is what it's originally formulated to do. I tried it for a whole week then eventually gave up, the film just stayed on with a water rinse even when I used a minimal amount of product on the brush. I had high hopes for a perfect pairing but creamy cleansers are just not suited for me. Besides I'm happy very with the Liquid Facial Soap.

The Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap retails at RM95 (150ml) and is available at all Clinique counters and on their online store www.clinique.com.my.

*Product courtesy of Clinique Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<