Latest Posts

Review: L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium Range - Damaged Hair

By 18:25 , ,

L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium range is specifically formulated for damaged hair. It helps reduce the signs of damaged hair, making it stronger and softer. Damaged hair consists of different layers that suffers from lipid-deficiency. Lipids is a layer of fatty molecules that coats the hair shaft which helps to protect and preserve the hair. The natural shield however can get damaged or wears away due to brushing, colouring, use of heat styling tools and styling products. That's where this latest range from L'Oreal Professionnel comes in to help restore that shield.



L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium range uses a powerful reconstructing Lipidium complex of phyto-keratin, ceramides and lactic acid, Lipids, ingredients more commonly associated with skincare, to assist replenishment in all hair zones to create an insulating barrier that locks in essential nutrients whilst coating hair against mechanical, environmental and natural damage.



I have been using the shampoo, masque and sealing repair for a few washes now and here's what I think about them. Although the range is said to have a fresh, floral, watery, musky scent to it, I think the musk seems to have taken over quite a bit. I don't really fancy musky scents but I don't mind this one as it's not insanely overpowering. Besides the scent of my hair oil just masks it at the end. I'll get to that in a bit. The choice of gold for the packaging suggests 'the rich and protective world of Absolut Repair Lipidium'.


The Absolut Repair Lipidium Instant Reconstructing Shampoo cleanses thouroughly and manages to get rid of all styling product residue. It's light and it doesn't weigh down my hair. The Instant Reconstructing Masque comes in a thick cream texture that's meant to intensely replenish damaged hair. After rinsing out the mask my hair felt softer but it also weighed down. I was actually expecting it due to the richness of the masque.



The Sealing Repair Lipidium is double serum targeted at repairing split ends. It is described as a reconstructing blend of cream with Lipidium enriched with Xylose (a type of sugar that fortifies the hair and safeguards against heat) and oil with Ceramides. So you get this half oil half cream thing that you have to mix in your palm first before applying to either damp hair and/or before or after blow drying depending on how damaged your hairs is. I had a bit of an issue with this serum. It made my hair feel stiff after application. So all the softness that was there after the masque was gone. So I had to apply a bit more hair oil than usual after blow drying to get some of the softness back. I used the L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil - Rich Oil for this.



On the whole although I found my hair looking very smooth, shiny with minimal frizz after every wash while using the L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium shampoo, masque and serum, I also found my hair was looking weighed down and less bouncy despite using just enough amount of masque and serum. My curls also found it difficult to find its way back. Hence my hair looked pretty straight. I'm still getting used to it, I am however thinking of incorporating the shampoo into my usual routine as I like it most and alternate the other two with my other hair care products. I'm not sure if it's going to repair much that way but I get really disturbed when my curls go missing.

L'Oreal Professionnel Absolut Repair Lipidium Range consists of six products - Instant Reconstructing Shampoo, Instant Reconstructing Conditioner, Instant Reconstructing Masque, Thermo Reconstructing Cream,  Reconstructing Serum, Power Repair Treatment, Primer Repair and Sealing Repair. However the Power Repair and Primer Repair is only available with a in salon treatment. Products are available at all L'Oreal Professionnel salons. Locate a salon nearest to you here.


Keep updated:



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great products. I'm sure I will use this shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summertime heat and humidity can turn your hair into an oil slick. To control excess shine and grease, you need to use products specifically formulated for oily hair.
    Look for shampoos and conditioners labeled for oily hair or oil control. These are free from heavy moisturizers and contain ingredients like lemon, witch hazel, or mint to help absorb oil and leave hair fresh. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove buildup. It is highly recommended by experts to buy LOreal Professional products as they are so gentle on hair and will always give you the best results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this hair kit is so amazing my hair fall reduse after using it and my locks become super shiny and straight halloween makeup palette in pakistan
    pure Moroccan argan oil online in pakistan
    organic rosehip oil online in pakistan loreal is great brand for hair and skincare products too

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<