Latest Posts

Current Favourite Masks

By 15:01 , , ,


Well it has been quite a break.. Hope you guys are still enjoying your time off and Raya visiting. Easing myself back into my usual routine and I thought I'd share with guys my current favourite masks I have been using for the past two weeks. I wasn't really looking for anything specific when I bought these two I just wanted to get some new masks.



Soap & Glory The Fab Pore 2-in-1 Pore Purifying Mask & Peel has been really nice to use after a good scrub or even an exfoliating toner. This clay mask is actually meant for oily/combination skin which is suppose to be able to fight spots, calm inflammation, tighten pores and reduce sebum secretion. Basically a whole face detox mask. Best thing about this mask is that you can either leave it on for 5 minutes for a quick refresher or 15 minutes for an extreme clean, 1-3 times a week, depending on how oily or clogged your skin is. It's a thick slightly minty smelling clay mask with rice microbeads which helps to gently smooth, polish and exfoliate the skin. It's infused with Superfruit Yuzu and Poreshrink-R complex, a double action, beta hydroxy acid (a blend of encapsulated salicylic acid and lactic acids) which gently peels dead skin cells and unclog pores.

The only thing I notice when I used it the first two times was that my skin felt squeaky clean and soft after using it for 15 minutes. Being curious I used it about 3 times last week. After 4 times I noticed that some parts of my face didn't feel as clogged as it usually does, my fingers felt less bumps and I noticed a tad less blackheads around. I'm still not sure whether this mask really peels but I suppose it could be doing it very gently. However, I do think it does a really good job as deep cleansing the pores. Don't see pores shrinking yet though. Perhaps too soon.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask is great to use either after a deep cleansing mask or just leave it on as your night care routine, I have tried both and it's great either way. Ignore the fact that it's suitable for use by normal to dry skin types because it works really well for me. It has this light not really cream-but more like gel texture that absorbs into the skin with ease. Best part, it's so cooling! Fantastic for the current weather. I have actually been using this almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. Has it gotten any oilier? It hasn't. My skin feels supple, sufficiently hydrated and awake. I mentioned earlier that it can be used in two ways, well you can either leave it on for 10-20 minutes and tissue off the excess and continue with your usual skincare routine or use this right at the end of your routine and sleep with it. Of course if you're an oily/combination skin type you might want to apply a thin layer for a sleep in and not do a sleep in too often.

This Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask is meant to intensely hydrate and smoothes out the appearance of fine lines caused by dehydration. It contains Vitamin E, wheat germ oil, rice bran as well as Community Fair Trade Shea Butter and Soya which helps to moisturise, nourish and condition skin.

If you guys want to try these out, Soap & Glory The Fab Pore 2-in-1 Pore Purifying Mask & Peel retails at RM70 (50ml) at Sephora outlets and The Body Shop Vitamin E Sink-In Moisture Mask for RM69 (100ml) at The Body Shop outlets or www.thebodyshop.com.my.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. thanks for sharing your experience Fatin ^_^ i'm intrigued to try The Fab Pore as I really need a good mask for my clogged skin areas. Selamat Hari Raya to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you pictures are just amazing!!! and i'm really interested to try the fab pore after reading this.. great post!xx

    juli @ frugalinwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<