Latest Posts

Review: Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Exfoliating Body Scrub

By 14:43 ,

Body scrubs is something I don't seem talk so much about and I'm not really sure why. I tried a few throughout 2013 but there wasn't one that really stood out until I got this one. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Exfoliating Body Scrub came highly recommended, so I got my hands on a tube during the Crabtree & Evelyn Secret Garden Launch at Pavilion late last year (read here).


This is my first from the La Source range. I love the oceanic scent! The hint of musk with aquatic notes makes it so fresh and really wakes me up. The scent also lingers on the skin for a good while. The peppermint oil stimulates the skin while aloe vera and camomile extracts soothes the skin.

I like that it comes in a tube as I can easily squeeze out the amount I need without dripping water into it. The blue gel-like texture is surprisingly creamy and lathers lightly when I start scrubbing on to wet skin. It has this really fine pumice granules which does the exfoliating. It's amazingly gentle and doesn't irritate the skin. It also has fine jojoba beads that polishes the skin. Despite the pumice granules my skin didn't feel dry or tight after. In fact it felt super soft, smooth and comfortable. It got rid of the dead skin cells and dry patched with much ease.


There are two ways you can use this scrub, either squeeze out in your hands or a sponge. Personally I prefer hands, I get to exfoliate my palms while I'm at it. I tried it out with washing gloves for my heels and that worked really well. You don't need to put extra pressure while massaging it onto the skin as the pumice granules is very efficient at getting rid of those dead skin cells. I use it twice a week but it really depends on your skin.

This has to be one of my best discoveries of 2013, and to think I almost overlooked a review for it. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Exfoliating Body Scrub retails at RM95 for 175g, a tad pricey for a scrub but definitely worth the splurge.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<