Latest Posts

Review: Clarins Double Serum®

By 10:57 , ,

Behold the Clarins Double Serum®! A new anti-ageing serum that gives twice the anti-ageing power. Now that's big! What's even more exciting is that this serum is made available in Asia first before its international debut next year.




The Double Serum® is a unique combination of Hydric & Lipidic System (water and oil soluble) which replicates the model of the hydrolipidic film and the dual water-oil nature of skin cells making it the optimum golden ratio to help fight all aspects of ageing and reactivates the 5 vital skin functions - hydration, nutrition, oxygenation, regeneration and protection.



In order to preserve the quality of the liposoluble and hydrosoluble ingredients, the two phases found in Double Serum® never come into contact. A balanced amount of each phase is automatically mixed upon application.



It combines 20 plant extracts to help stimulate the skin's 5 anti-ageing functions:
  • Hydration - Hyaluronic Acid, Katafray, Organis Marshmallow Root: Stimulates the skin's natural moisturising factors and ensures moisture retention in the dermis and epidermis
  • Nutrition - Kiwi Extract, Organic Perilla Oil, Organic Macadamia Oil: Improves cell nutrition and reinforces the lipid cement
  • Oxygenation - Maritime Pine Extract, Organic Rosehip Oil, Arnica Extract: Improce cell oxygenation and stimulates ATP production
  • Protection - Organic Green Tea, Pistachio, Organic Quinoa: neutralises free radicals and reinforces skin barrier
  • Regeneration - Organic Green Banana, Lemon Thyme, Phytosphingosine: Preserve epidermal renewal, reinforces dermal network fibres and tightens skin surface

Which basically means firmer skin, smoothed wrinkles, restores radiance, evens out skin tone and makes pores less visible thereby giving you more beautiful and youthful skin. There's no better time to start than no or as stated by Clarins, it's suitable for women 25 years and above.

I  was very excited when I was given a chance to be the first few to try out this complete anti ageing serum. Hoorayy!!

The Review

I found the duo chamber very fascinating. It comes with a pump dispenser which provides a precise dosage for each application. Dispensing a small amount on my hand, the dual formula is obvious.Texture is really unique as I have never across a formula which is really light despite having an oil formula. And the scent, I just love. It's actually created by a Japanese master perfumer is a blend of fruity and floral notes is calming and fresh.



I use one pump and a half for face and neck application. It easily absorbs into the skin making my skin feel comfortable. Only thing is it leaves a slightly sticky feeling. Bare in mind my oily skin and I don't really resort to oil formulas for any skincare products.

I used the Double Serum® for 3 weeks and I noticed an obvious difference with my complexion. I can see and feel that my skin is much better hydrated. It looks more radiant and my skin feels smooth. The texture has also improved and I'm not sure if you can see from the photos, my pores seem to be slightly less visible.



Bare face with moisturiser & lippie on. Please ignore the panda eyes. Sleep seems to be a luxury lately.

However in that 3 weeks, I had to constantly experiment with frequency of use of the Double Serum®. For the first 5 days I used it twice a day everyday. I found that my skin got disturbingly oilier despite the minimal amount I was applying to my face. I then changed it to once a day at night only for the next 5 days. My face was still very oily. The last resort was to use it once a day on alternate days. It gradually became less oily but not back to normal. As I really wanted to see results I stuck to it up to 3 weeks.

Clarins Double Serum® delivers results, no doubt about it. But despite it being 'suitable for all skin types' I can't ignore the fact that my skin gets oilier by using this serum. Don't take my word for it though, if you are looking for an anti-ageing serum and it just so happens you fall under the oily-combination skin category, drop by a Clarins counter to ask for a sample provided they have them in stock to try it out before purchasing.

Clarins Double Serum® is available now at all Clarins counter and retails at RM280 for 30ml.

*Note: Product courtesy of Clarins Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I do think your pores look smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems to really target the pores for me more than anything else. i'm pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just bought the Clarins Double Serum, can't wait to see improvement on my skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to hear that Christine! enjoy using your new purchase :)

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<