Latest Posts

Chocolate Tart @ THIRTY8, Grand Hyatt KL

By 13:23 ,

A good Chocolate Tart is so difficult to find in KL. What more a really good one. I finally managed to try the Chocolate Tart @ THIRTY8, Grand Hyatt KL after missing out on it during my previous visits because it wasn't tart of the day. It didn't manage to get away from me this time. *evil laugh*



Now isn't that just picture perfect! Chocolate Tart served with Chantilly Cream and Berry Compote. I was fascinated at how beautifully the berry compote cascaded by the side of the tart as though hanging from an invisible branch. That is one photogenic tart.

There is a certain lightness to the intensity of the chocolate. It's a chocolate custard centre topped with chocolate ganache. The thickness or should I say 'thin-ness' of the crust was just nice so as to not interrupt the smoothness of the chocolate. It just melts in the mouth.                                 

The tinge of tartness in the berry compote lends a wonderful varied taste to the chocolate and the richness of the double cream. You would think the whole dessert sounds a tad heavy but it really is very light.



I would have gone for seconds if I didn't have to rush off for a product launch. *boo* :P I dare say this is the best Chocolate Tart in town. Definitely the best since my trip back to Paris last year. 

The Chocolate Tart is definitely Chocolate Cats approved and a must try. I'm not just saying it because I'm a chocolate addict. I enjoyed it immensely!


The double chocolate soft cookie that came with my tea was also a treat. They should really consider selling those cookies by weight. It's yummy!

For the First ever write up on Thirty8 click here. Featuring the FIRST review on THIRTY8 Signature Cake on Opening Day.


THIRTY8
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur | website
12 Jalan Pinang
50450 Kuala Lumour
Operating hours: 6am-11pm
Reservations: 03-21821234 or email kualalumpur.grand@hyatt.com 

Coming up: Final Chocolate Cats Giveaway and It's All About Hair.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. what a sight! Glad to know it tasted as good as it looks

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<