Latest Posts

MAC Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush - Shop MAC Cook MAC

By 10:57 , ,

MAC Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush is one of three limited edition shades from the Shop MAC Cook MAC Collection. I usually stay far away from creme formulas as possible because it's one of those that doesn't go all too well with oily skin. Unsure as I was when I got this, I figured I might as well give it a try.



MAC Optimistic Orange is described as "bright orange" with red undertones and they weren't exaggerating with the name. I wasn't sure how I was suppose to make this work until I swatched it. The colour payoff is really good. It came out bright on my arm, but appeared sheer after blending. The texture is smooth and light. Not thick as I expected it to be. It can be easily layered on if you want a brighter look.

I decided to use my fingers to apply it on my cheeks. It really is up to personal preference to either use your fingers or a brush. I took a minimum amount of product and applied to the apples of my cheeks and dab and blended it out really quick. It blends out with ease without looking blotchy. It feels a tad wet right after applying but after drying out a few minutes later, gives that dewy effect.


The problem I found when using my fingers was the staining. Don't worry it does come off. So clean your fingers right after. Also when using fingers it's best to apply right after your foundation without applying a setting/loose powder as it will not stay on the cheeks instead will just swipe off the powder and may not end up looking very nice. I dust over with loose powder after.


The colour stayed on for a good few hours but I found it fading after about 5 hours. I should think it would last much longer on those on dry or normal skin types.

MAC Optimistic Orange for RM75 (0.19 oz) at MAC counters. Just bear in mind it is an LE, so it's suject to availability.

Note: Product provided by Junipers Journal.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. i am always looking for a nice blusher because have yet to find one tat i can wear daily n not look awkward like a doll. want a natural one! maybe i need skill to apply, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. jean try looking at MAC Tres Cheek collection. the texture is so smooth and it goes on sheer but is buildable. pretty shades!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<