Latest Posts

Ladurée, Paris & Sightseeing

By 18:55 , , , , , ,

I realised I didn't really have much time to walk around *sigh*. But Jaja, the babe from Glam and I made a pact that whatever happens we had to make it to Ladurée!

First stop was Arc de Triomphe which was about 20 minutes walk from the hotel, not too bad. Good thing it was only March, so there weren't many people crowding around. Going there in summer is just crazy. Since I was already there, figured might as well add to my collection of Arc de Triomphe photos from previous visits.






After a few quick snaps, we walked down Paris' prestigious avenue Champs-Élysées making quick stops along the way at various stores including a huge Sephora.






Then there it was, across the road.. Ladurée!! The Ladurée tearoom started in 1862 when Louis Ernest Ladurée created a bakery at 16 rue Royale in Paris which eventually turned into a Mecca of Parisian pastry creations It is known as the inventor of the double-decker macaron, fifteen thousand of which are sold every day. They are still one of the best known makers of macarons in the world!




15 minutes later and we were in! Wow.. the decor of the tearoom was beautiful. It transported me back to a more historical Paris with a refined atmosphere.



Here's what we had for tea - Tea for us both, Cheri - Delicate blend of cocoa, caramel and vanilla tea, Eugenie - Delicate blend of strawberry, cherry, raspberry and currant tea, Tarte Chocolate a l'Orange and macarons. Lost for words.. it was DIVINE!!






I didn't want to leave.. omg just let me live there! Alas I had to go.. do not despair my love, we shall meet again. Pretty obvious I go absolutely mental when it comes to gorgeous desserts. *salivating.. drooling..*

After Jaja's short shopping trip, the sun had already set. Which meant it was the perfect time to get to... The Eiffel Tower! After so many photos at the Eiffel Tower in the day I finally get to see it at night. Despite the numbness in our fingers and the cold that was seeping through our coats, the sight was magnificent!!






I got back to the hotel exhausted but satisfied wishing I was back at Ladurée stuffing my face with to die for desserts and macarons.. Time to pack for London.. Woohoo!!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You lucky girl! Hope to see your trip to UK post soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laduree....so yummylicious! Why can't they set up a branch in KL? The nearest one is in Dubai, 7 hours away!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<